Saturday, May 4, 2013

Precious Deposits


_____________________

The Holy Zohar tells a parable about two dear friends:


One friend declared, “I love you so much that I want to move in with you. I always want to be close to you.”

The other responded, “I have separation anxiety. What if one day you want to leave? Best we don’t start to get this close, unless we can be sure it will last.”

His friend reassuringly countered, “I’ll tell you what. I’ll move all my precious possessions, including my bed, into your home. These precious deposits will emotionally anchor me to you. Now even if I wander off, I won’t go too far and I won’t be away for too long.”

So too the Creator assures us, “I will place My dwelling in your midst...”. (Leviticus 26:11)  He has a precious possession called the Shechina. It’s the radiance of His revelation. Through this radiance we feel close to Him.  He moves His Shechina into our earthly lives as precious deposit, to emotionally assure us that He’s anchored to us in closeness and love. We never have to feel abandoned. Our Best Friend’s love always envelops us.

~ Adapted from the “Matok M’Dvash Zohar” Volume 11, p. 719-722



No comments:

Post a Comment