Thursday, February 16, 2012

Souls All Around

Last night, I had a little gathering to say "good bye" (for now) to a group of co-workers whom I feel close with. While sipping coffee, I was wondering what depth can I share with a group of friends who come from a variety of world, spiritual &/or religious perspectives. 

Just then Ryan remarked, "You know, its amazing how you get along with so many people." 


Amy chimed in, "You'll do fine on your new job. You can get along with just about anybody."

These comments opened my heart and I explained, "Let me share with you my secret. When I look at a human being I know that I am looking at a soul."


"And not a mannequin!", Carlos added.


"Yes", I continued. "The body is just what the soul inhabits. I try not to lose sight of this. If there's one thing I can leave you with, it's this: Please remember that when you look at another human being, you are really looking at a soul."

                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. FaceBook Comments to this post:

    TC: That's a very positive way to look at people. It's hard to get past the shell most days because we come in such diverse packages.

    ADH: Very wise. You are a beautiful soul, Choni.

    GH: Like the old and wise folk saying goes: "Do not judge a book by it's cover..."

    Choni Elchonon Kihleel: I credit this awareness, to the extant that I have it, to my years of studying Jewish mysticism. It got me thinking about life very differently than I had in the past. However, as far as I grew in this area of life, I admit that I still have a lot of room for more growth.

    ReplyDelete